It has been quite a while since the previous release, but it was worth it!
Here is a list of key changes:
- Player SDK is already available! - Now you can embed the playback of torrent content in any site without extra effort. SDK with an example usage published to Github.
- Interface for selecting and displaying subtitles improved - it became much easier to select subtitles from a large list, as well as the opportunity to change subtitle size on the fly.
- Dark mode by default - now the main color scheme of the interface is solved in dark shades by default. They say it protects our eyes!
- Caching of downloaded content improved - now all downloaded content is saved for a day and does not require re-downloading from the BitTorrent network.
- WebRTC support - if several users watch the same movie, then they exchange fragments of it by the WebRTC protocol. This uses a private tracker. Only MP4 is currently supported. This was made possible thanks to the WebTorrent project.
Now all server components of the Webtor platform and SDK are available opensource:
- github.com/webtor-io - all opensources repositories
- github.com/webtor-io/helm-charts - all Helm-charts and installation instructions for Webtor API
- github.com/webtor-io/platform-sdk-js - client-side JS SDK to work with API Webtor
- github.com/webtor-io/platform-sdk-php - server-side PHP SDK to work with API Webtor (functionality is limited)
Thank you for using webtor.io and sponsor it if you wish